Meet Our Staff
- All of our trainers either have their CPDT-KA or are working towards it
- All have extensive animal experience, many have taken Catch Trainers Academy college
- Many have rescue experience (or owning a rescue) and foster experiences with difficult dogs
- ALL have been trained by owner Katie Costello, RVT, CPDT-KA
- All are dedicated to the betterment of all dogs and have a sincere love of dogs as our driving factor
Our staff is dedicated to you having a positive experience! All of us are knowledgeable about our classes and facility and what we offer — we’re dedicated to making you feel like a part of The Canine Campus Family.
Katie Costello, RVT, CPDT-KA, is a Certified Fear Free Trainer, a Licensed Veterinary Technician, an IAABC Certified Professional, an ABC and CATCH Authorized Mentor, PPG Member for Force Free Training, a Licensed Be A Tree Presenter/Dog Bite Safety Educator, an AKC Approved CGC Evaluator, a Featured Mentor Trainer for CATCH Canine Academy, a Pet Partner Licensed Therapy Dog Evaluator and Team Training Course Instrctor, & a Victoria Stillwell Academy Authorized Mentor Trainer. In addition, she is the co-Founer of The Together Journey, training Service Dogs for Veterans with PTSD & diabetic alert dogs for people with diabetes. Katie is also a published author.
Katie is a Certified Fear Free Veterinary Professional & is a Registered Veterinary Technician & Dog Trainer who does seminars at Veterinary Clinics teaching about animal behavior, body language, & working with dogs with reactivity issues. Katie also teaches Dog Bite Safety seminars for kids. Her goal is to help you strenghten your bond with your pet, to help people learn to understand a dog's chosen language of Body Language, & to help kids stay safe so they can enjoy dogs without fear. There's no such thing as being "done" learning & Katie actively seeks additional skills & education in the animal fields & encourages all of her trainers to continue their educations as well. The more we know, the more we can help you.