What is Reiki?
Reiki is a gentle form of hands-on healing in which the hands are lightly held on or above prescribed areas of the body. Reiki, which means “universal life force energy” or Spirit-guided energy, transmits this energy through the Reiki practitioner to the person receiving the treatment. The client draws the appropriate amount of energy to the areas where it is needed.
Animal Reiki is an energetic connection that is specially adapted to pets and other animals which offers targeted pain and stress reduction techniques through light touch.
What’s in it for Animals?
Reiki for cats and dogs offers benefits to both sick and well animals. It can:
- Strengthen an animal’s immune system before cancer treatment
- Speed healing after sickness or surgery
- Promote relaxation and reduce stress to solve behavioral problems
- Relieve pain
- Provide comfort for terminally ill pets, as well as owners
- Enhance a pet’s overall well-being
- Increase the pet-owner bond