School Rules & Regulations
***THIS FACILITY USES PEANUT BUTTER!!! IF YOU OR YOUR DOG HAVE AN ALLERGY PLEASE LET THE OFFICE KNOW PRIOR TO COMING TO CLASS SO WE CAN PREPARE THE ROOM TO BE PEANUT FREE!***
1. Your dog must be current on his/her vaccinations for Bordetella, Distemper, & (if 6 months or older) Rabies. You must provide us with a copy of your dog’s most recent vaccinations in order to attend classes*. If we have not received your dog’s vaccination records you will be rescheduled into a later class. We must receive a copy of the required vaccinations 10 days prior to the start of class, or within 48 hours after you’ve signed up for a class (if it’s less than 10 days before the start date). NO EXCEPTIONS! This is for the safety of ALL dogs at our facility! *You can ask your vet to fax us a copy at 330-423-4559.
2. Make up classes are available if you need to miss a week of class. We cannot guarantee we will have a class available that will suit your schedule. You can do a maximum of 2 make up classes. If you are going to miss more than 2 classes we would request you choose a different class to enroll in. Make up classes are NOT available for Raging Rover or Panicked Pup. We do offer $50 private sessions for people enrolled in any class, including Raging Rover & Panicked Pup. If you need to miss a class for one of these, you can discuss with your trainer about doing a private session if you’d like to get caught up on what you’ve missed.
3. Payment in full for ALL classes is due no later than the start of the first class. If you have never attended a class at The Canine Campus before a 50% deposit is REQUIRED no later than 48 hours before the start of the class. If we have not received your deposit and you are not a returning client you will be wait-listed for the class. We cannot at that time guarantee your place in the class if it’s full. If you’ve been wait-listed you are welcome to call or stop in to check on the status of the class. Classes in Austintown, Boardman, & Champion MUST BE PAID IN FULL prior to the start of class, for all new & returning clients. The instructor cannot accept payments. We accept cash, check*, & all major credit/debit cards for payment. *There will be a $35 fee, if your check is returned by the bank plus you will be charged for any additional charges we incur.
4. Any class with less than 3 dogs is subject to cancellation or delay. You will be notified via the EMAIL ON FILE approximately 5-7 days before the scheduled start date on the status of the class. The update will either confirm the class is running, notify you of its cancellation, or notify you of a change in date/time due to a lack of registrations. If you are registered for a class, PLEASE be sure to check your emails in the days leading up to the start date. It doesn’t happen very often, but occasionally we have withdrawals or something unexpected at the last minute which may cause the class to be delayed or cancelled. If this happens you will be notified of the change in status as soon as we know by email AND phone. Any deposit you’ve made can be refunded at your request or we can reschedule you into a later class or the delayed class. IF YOU HAVE BEEN WAIT-LISTED YOU MAY OR MAY NOT BE NOTIFIED OF A CANCELLATION OR DELAY.
5. NEW POLICY! If you want to reschedule into a later class less than 48 hours before the start of the class in which you are registered, you will be charged a $30 rescheduling fee. If you drop out of a class less than 48 hours before the start of your class and do not sign up for a new class within 5 days you will be charged the full cost of the class you dropped/no showed. These fees will have to be paid before you can register for any future classes. As mentioned above, classes with less than 3 dogs are subject to cancellation, when we have drop outs at the last minute we may not always have enough dogs to run the class which is unfair to the other students as well as the instructor. These fees will pay for the instructor’s time so he/she can still run the class for the remaining students.
6. Our Refund Policy is as follows:
a. Any monies paid toward a class will be fully refunded if you withdraw 10 or more days before the start date; you will not be charged any fees.
b. Any monies paid toward a class will be transferred to a future class if you withdraw between 2-9 days before the start date; you will not be charged any fees.
c. Any monies paid toward a class will be transferred to a future class if you withdraw less than 48 hours before the start date AND reschedule within 5 days; you will be charged a $30 switching fee.
d. Any monies paid toward a class will be forfeited if you withdraw less than 48 hours before the start date and do NOT reschedule within 5 days. You will not be charged any additional fees however you will owe any balance on the class you withdrew from. You may not register for any future classes until this balance is paid in full.
e. Exceptions to all of these rules can be made on a case-by-case basis.
f. If WE cancel a class for any reason, any monies paid toward the class will be fully refunded or transferred to a future class at your request.
7. Discounts available:
a. 10% off for Rescue dogs
b. 10% off for clients over 60 years of age
c. 10% off for veterans
d. $40 off the second dog if you enroll 2 dogs in the same class
e. 10% off if you pay your class in full 10+ days before the start date
f. Discounts cannot be combined together
g. Gift certificates work like cash and do not affect your discount
h. As the cost is already severely reduced, no discounts will apply towards AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Class or Mini Classes
8. Please bring the following with you to class:
a. Your dog on a standard leash fastened to a regular or martingale collar or a harness. We do NOT permit the following to be used in the building:
i. Choke Collars
ii. E-collars or Shock Collars
iii. Prong Collars
iv. Retractable Leashes
1 . If you are enrolled in any of the following classes you will NOT bring your dog with you to class on week 1:
a. Beginner Obedience (6 months+)
b. Raging Rover Level 1 (Level 1 ONLY)
c. Panicked Pup Level 1 (Level 1 ONLY)
b. A variety of treats for your dog such as:
ii. hot dogs
c. Your questionnaire on week 1 if we haven’t received it already & records for Bordetella, Distemper, & Rabies should be on file with the office.
9. Class Retake Policy-If you’ve taken a class at any time at The Canine Campus and would like to retake it for any reason, you can do so at 50% off the cost of the class. (This cannot be combined with any other discount). The ONLY exception to this is the Do More With Your Dog class as that class is different each time and every dog learns on their own level; students are encouraged to retake it multiple times in order to learn all the available tricks.